Two Wichita college students, who also happened to be brothers, Dan and Frank Carney, founded Pizza Hut in 1958.
Their new pizza restaurant did so well, so quickly, that within a year they had managed to open 6 locations around Kansas.
The original Pizza Hut is now a museum for those who wish to visit.
Within 1 year, by 1959, the brothers started offering a Franchise option for people who wanted to set up Pizza Huts of their own.
As the chain continued to grow, the brothers wanted a unifying design and presence.
They thought this would really define their brand and make their lovely Pizza Hut stores easily recognizable.
In 1963, they had an architect Richard Burke create Pizza Hut’s iconic red roof building design that we know so well today.
Many of the current red roof buildings have a full bar and juke box, and even arcade games.
Many have also been torn down and replaced with newer designs, however the red roof is still an iconic Pizza Hut marketing symbol.
Today there are many different roofed Pizza Hut’s, and franchisees are free to roof their building as they choose.
Many people would be surprised to know that Pizza Hut is actually currently owned by Pepsi, which bought the chain out in 1977.
Today Pizza Hut has grown to become a global phenomenon, present almost anywhere you could place your hand on a spinning globe.
Its international presence includes, Canada, Mexico, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, Spain, Turkey, South Africa, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Tanzania, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Myanmar, and Macau.
It was also one of the first American chains to have a presence in Iraq.
In 2004, they started a new spinoff restaurant called a Pizza Hut Bistro, which served more Italian dishes including penne pasta. I’d rather go to Pizza Hut for pizza, but hey, who am I to talk.
For me, Pizza Hut is the classic Pizza chain for when you want reliably good pizza, fast. I also don’t go to Pizza Hut often, but when I do, I make sure to save my receipt and take advantage of their win $1,000 sweepstakes.
Keep reading to find out how you can enter the TellPizzahut.com sweepstakes on your next Pizza run.
|Survey Prize||$10 Pizza Hut Coupon|
|Survey Daily Prize||Chance to win $1,000 cash daily (10 Daily Prizes)|
|Survey Weekly Prize||Chance to win one of prizes valued together at $1,500 weekly|
Pizza Hut Survey Prizes
Prize: Everyone who enters receives a $10 Pizza Hut coupon in the mail
You will also receive the following sweepstakes entries in exchange for taking the survey:
- Entry for chance to win one of 10 $1,000 USD cash check daily prizes, exact cash value varies by entry country
- Entry for chance to win one of the weekly prizes, which total together to a value of $1,500
Take The TellPizzaHut Survey
- Make a purchase at a Pizza Hut location and save your receipt
- Go online to TellPizzaHut.com and take the survey
- Congrats, you’ll be automatically entered into the sweepstakes for a chance to win the $1,000 daily prize or one of the weekly prizes that add up to $1,500 in value. You’ll also receive a $10 Pizza Hut coupon in your email just for participating.
Australians, go online to the Australian Pizza Hut Survey Page instead of the generic tellpizzahut.com page!
Pizza Hut Secret Survey Hack
Many people don’t know that you can get unlimited contest entries every month, just save your receipt after each purchase to be eligible to enter your survey online!
Here’s what to expect when you visit the survey homepage, where you’ll be able to choose to take the survey in either English or Spanish:
TellPizzaHut Survey Rules
- No purchase required to enter
- If enter through purchase, must save receipt and use to take online survey
- Must be of legal age to enter
- Void where prohibited
See official rules and conditions for more detail
Contact Pizza Hut
Phone: 1 800 948 8488 (US) or 1 866 364 0825 (Canada)
Other Fast Food Surveys
- If you liked Pizza Hut’s survey, try Applebees TalkToApplebees survey as well which will enter you into a $1,000 sweepstakes after making a purchase at their restaurant and taking their survey
- You may also want to try Jack in The Box’s JackListens survey, where you’ll get two free tacos on your next visit after taking the survey
- Taco Bell has aTellTheBell survey. Enter their sweepstakes to win cash using the TellTheBell.com survey link
- Burger King has a great survey for a free Whopper called MyBKExperience
- KFC has a great survey called MyKFCExperience with a chicken go cup as the free reward.
- Like Wendy’s? Try their survey at TalkToWendys.com and get a BOGO sandwich coupon.
- Dunkin in the house for a free donut when you take their TellDunkin survey
- Try the McDVoicevoice survey for a BOGO egg McMuffin or burger choice at your favorite McDonald’s
- bwwlistens is one of the surveys you really don’t want to miss. To take it, you can go online to bwwlistens.com and after you’ll get a $5 coupon to use when you go again.
- Coffee can be free at Starbucks when you head to mystarbucksvisit and fill out the questions for a drink coupon freebie
- Chick Fil A gives you a sandwich gratis when you take their mycfavisit survey.
- Wendy’s also gives out a free sandwich, but they make you buy one to get the free one. Try it online at the talktowendys site.