Canadian Tire was started in Toronto by the Billes brothers J.W. and A.J. in 1922.
The brothers purchased Hamilton Tire and Garage for $1,800, and 5 years later officially changed the name to the Canadian Tire Corporation.
In the 1920s, the brothers made some smart business choices, including moving their repair garage across the river to Yonge and Gould when the Gerrard Street bridge was closed for repairs and made it difficult for customers to commute to their shop.
They also offered a one-year unconditional guarantees on tires to encourage business, since tire blowouts were increasingly common in the 20s.
Their smart business choices helped them grow to over 1,700 retail locations today.
Canadian Tire is super dog friendly, and you can bring your pup along to even snooze in one of their provided doggie beds while you shop or get your car repaired.
Maybe their incredible customer service and dog friendly attitude is part of the reason the store is still going strong today.
Have you ever brought your dog along while you were at a Canadian Tire store?
Let us know in the comments below!
Still headquarted in Toronto today, Canadian Tire has been able to expand into every Canadian territory except Nunavut.
In addition to selling tires and automotive equipment, the chain has expanded to sell clothing, home items and retail items as well.
It is a Canadian staple and great brand to shop at.
Canadian Tire continues to grow and uses customer feedback to continually improve, including its survey where you have a chance to win a store gift card.
Take the survey at www.tellcdntire.com to give your feedback and have the chance to be entered into the sweepstakes. Keep reading below:
TellCDNTire.com Survey Prizes
Prize: 1 $1000 CDN Tire Gift Card awarded per month during the contest period
www.tellcdntire.com Survey Details
Take The TellCDNTire Survey
You can enter the survey both with and without a purchase. If you made a purchase you can enter either online or by phone. If you did not make a purchase, you’ll need to enter by mail.
Keep in mind you are limited to complete only 1 entry via survey per day, meaning 1 phone call or online entry per day. You are also limited to 2 mail-in entries per month.
How To Enter With a Purchase – Enter by Phone
- Make a purchase at a Canadian tire
- Save your receipt
- Call 1-888-431-5595 and answer all survey questions
How To Enter With a Purchase Online:
- Buy something at a Canadian Tire
- Keep your receipt with you
- Go online to http://www.tellcdntire.com/
- Answer all survey questions
- Congrats, you’re entered into the sweepstakes!
How To Enter Without a Purchase – By Mail
To enter the sweepstakes with no purchase, feel free to send in a mail-in entry via the instructions below:
- Write your name, address, phone number, email, and age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper
- Address, stamp and mail your entry paper to the following address:
Customer Satisfaction Survey c/o Empathica Inc. at 2121 Argentia Road, Suite
200, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5N 2X4
TellCDNTire.com Survey Homepage
The silver and red Canadian Tire survey homepage offers the option to start the survey in the language of your choice, either English or French:
Tell CDN Tire Survey Rules
- For Canadian residents only
- No purchase necessary
- Participants must be the age of majority or older in their residence location to be eligible to participate
- Limit of 1 survey entry per day
- Limit of 2 mail in entries per month
See full terms and conditions here
See previous winners list here
Contact Canadian Tire
- 1 www.tellcdntire.com
- 1.1 TellCDNTire
- 1.2 TellCDNTire.com Survey Prizes
- 1.3 www.tellcdntire.com Survey Details
- 1.4 Take The TellCDNTire Survey
- 1.5 TellCDNTire.com Survey Homepage
- 1.6 Tell CDN Tire Survey Rules
- 1.7 Contact Canadian Tire