Did you know Big Lots gives back to the community by funding housing, food-distribution, healthcare and education in communities through its own foundation called the Big Lots Foundation?
It gives back to the communities that support it through its charitable endeavors.
Sol Shenk created the first closeout store, called ‘Odd Lots’ in 1967 under the umbrella of the Consolidated Stores Corporation.
A name controversy soon emerged, since in 1983 a retailer called Revco purchased a company that was named ‘Odd Lots trading co.’
So, Sol Shenk’s Odd Lots store agreed to keep its original ‘Odd Lots’ name limited to its original Columbus location radius, and when it expanded outside of that radius it used the new name ‘Big Lots’.
Personally, I like ‘Big Lots’ much better than ‘Odd Lots’, and I wonder if the name switch was a contributing factor to its success.
What I do know is that if you want to help it keep growing, you can take the Biglotssurvey at www.biglotssurvey.com to give them great feedback they can use to grow.
Taking the survey also enters yourself in a nice little $300 gift card sweepstakes at the same time.
Keep reading for more details on how you can enter the biglotssurvey sweepstakes for a chance to snag your own winning gift card!
Big Lots Survey Prizes
Grand Prize: $300 Big Lots Gift Card
One Grand Prize will be awarded each quarterly survey period date
Limit of 1 Grand Prize per person / household during the sweepstakes entire period
Winner will receive gift card in the mail within 4 weeks of the drawing. Gift card will be shipped to the address provided on the Winner’s entry form.
Sweepstakes Dates: Sweepstakes starts 12:00:01 AM CST July 29, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 PM CST Saturday, July 27, 2019
|Grand Prize||$300 Gift Card|
|Entry Method||Online, Mail|
|Prize Limit||1 Per Person|
|Entry Limit||1 Per Person or Email/Day|
Enter The www.biglotssurvey.com Survey
Regardless of your entry method, you are only allowed 1 entry per person OR per email address per day.
Enter Online With A Purchase
- Buy an item or more at a Big Lots location
- Save your receipt so you can use it to enter the online survey
- Go online to https://biglots.survey.marketforce.com/ and answer all survey questions
Congrats, you are now entered into the quarterly Big Lots Survey sweepstakes!
Enter The www.biglotssurvey.com With No Purchase
You don’t need to make a purchase to enter the Big Lots survey. In fact, there are two ways to enter, online and by mail without making a purchase.
Enter Online With A Store Visit & No Purchase
If you visited a Big Lots location but did not buy anything, you can still go online to enter the sweepstakes by taking a short survey to share your experience.
- Visit a Big Lots location – no need to make a purchase
- Go online to https://biglots.survey.marketforce.com/?LanguageID=1&LocationSelect=True
- Answer all survey questions
Congrats now you’re entered in the sweepstakes
Enter by Mail With No Purchase
- Handwrite your full name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and birthday on a 3X5″ card
- Mail your filled out 3X5″ card to the following address:
Big Lots! Guest Experience Survey Sweepstakes Entry, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100,
Rochester, NY 14625-2437
NOTE:**Each mail-in entry needs to be in a separate envelope**
Big Lots Survey Homepage
The survey homepage for Big Lots is a large orange square set on a plain gray background. It gives you the option to continue in either English or Spanish, whichever you prefer. You will click the language button to get started with the survey:
- No purchase necessary to enter
- Making a purchase does not increase your odds of winning
- Must be 18 or older at entry time
- Open to legal US residents and legal District of Columbia residents only
- Limit of 1 entry per person OR per email address per day, regardless of specific entry method
- Mail in entries need to be postmarked by the period end date and received by the mail-in entry deadlines specified in the official rules table
- Grand Prize giveaway limited to 1 per person / household during sweepstakes period
- Winner will get gift card in mail within 1 month of the drawing date and it will be sent to the address they provided on the entry form
- Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- Winner’s name, likeness, etc can be used for promotional purposes by contest holder until the end of time except where prohibited by law
For the full official terms and conditions see the official rules page
To request a Winner’s list send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the following address:
Guest Experience Survey Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
Contact Big Lots
Phone: 1 (866) 244-5687
- 1 www.biglotssurvey.com
- 2 Biglotssurvey
- 3 Big Lots Survey Prizes
- 4 Biglotssurvey Details
- 5 Enter The www.biglotssurvey.com Survey
- 6 Enter The www.biglotssurvey.com With No Purchase
- 7 Big Lots Survey Homepage
- 8 Biglotssurvey Eligibility
- 9 Contact Big Lots