The original Loblaws opened in Toronto, Canada in 1919. It was called Loblaw Groceterias.
It was a self-serve grocery model, new at the time, and its popularity exploded in tune with its crazy explosive growth.
In just a decade, 70 stores had already opened in Ontario.
The chain keeps expanding South, ending up America in New York State, complete with a Buffalo, NY American headquarters.
By the time it grew into Chicago, the current Loblaw president told the more dangerous Chicago city area owners that if the store is held up at gunpoint they should just give the robber the money.
By 1939, they have taken “Groceterias” off the name, and just Loblaw is left as we know it today.
1949, Loblaws keeps innovating, adding in air conditioning to keep shoppers healthy and cool in their stores, and adding in “magic doors” that open for the customer without having to touch them.
Sadly in 2006 the store had its first loss in over 20 years.
It had to try to resolve supply chain issues and get its profit back up. In 2007 it was profitable again.
The Loblaw scandal, which involved two other companies, was that it participated in a bread price fixing scandal from 2001-2015.
To try to calm down angry customers, it offered $25 giftcards and was also sued in a lawsuit recently after.
Try to help keep it afloat by offering your feedback at storeopinion.ca. You could win a sweepstakes prize as well.
Prize: (1) $5,000 grand prize drawn monthly and (1) one million PC Optimum points worth ARV $1,000
Monthly Prize ARV = $6,000
|Survey Prize||Sweepstakes Entry|
|Sweepstakes Prize||$5,000 or $1,000 ARV Points|
|Entry Method||Online, Mail, Phone|
|Entry Limit||1 per month|
|Prize Limit||1 per month|
How To Enter The www.storeopinion.ca Sweepstakes
NOTE: For the online and mail in entries, you are entering the regular sweepstakes and the PC Optimum sweepstakes. The email address you provide must match your PC Optimum email for you to be eligible for the PC Optimum prize.
Enter Online – Purchase Required
- Make a purchase at a Loblaws
- Go online to www.storeopinion.ca
- Fill out all required fields to complete survey
- Now you’re entered
Enter By Phone – Purchase Required
- Make a purchase
- Call the Interactive Voice Response (“IVR”) number at 1-877-234-2322
**NOTE: The IVR survey entries do not count toward the 1 million PC Optimum points prize and are not eligible for this prize due to technical limitations.
Enter By Mail – No Purchase Necessary
- Write your name, email, address, phone number, and the words “Loblaws Inc. Customer Satisfaction Survey” on a 3″x 5″ piece of paper
- Mail this paper in a sealed, stamped and hand addressed #10 envelope to the following address:
Loblaw Companies Limited Customer Satisfaction Survey, Ipsos Limited Partnership, 160 Bloor Street East, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1B9.
MAIL IN ENTRY SPECIFIC RULES:
- Your mail-in entry needs to be postmarked by the end date of a Monthly drawing period to be eligible for that draw date and be received by the sponsor by the 10th day of the month following the last day of the Monthly contest period
- 1 entry max per outer stamped envelope
- Non-conforming entries will not be eligible
The Loblaws www.storeopinion.ca homepage is set on a black background. It has a rotating upper banner and offers 4 language options to take the survey. Pick your language to start the survey:
storeopinion.ca Survey Rules
- By entering, an entrant agrees to be bound by all contest rules
- No purchase necessary
- Must be a Canadian resident
- Must be age of majority or older in your province or territory where you live
- Must be a registered PC Optimum member before the monthly draw ends to be eligible for the points prize
- Any employees, or anyone affiliated with the company or sponsor are not eligible, and neither are family or household members of affiliates
- Entries will not count if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically remade
- Limit winning 1 prize per monthly drawing period
- Only first eligible entry per person is considered in the drawing
Read the full rules here
Loblaw Companies Limited
1 President’s Choice Circle
Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
Attention: LCL Customer Relations Centre
Weekdays From 8:30 AM – 05:30 PM
- 1 storeopinion.ca
- 2 storeopinion.ca Prize
- 3 storeopinion.ca Details
- 4 How To Enter The www.storeopinion.ca Sweepstakes
- 5 www.storeopinion.ca Homepage
- 6 storeopinion.ca Survey Rules
- 7 Contact Loblaws