The name Long John Silver’s comes from the 1883 novel Treasure Island written by Robert Stevenson.
The name is not the only fish themed thing in the store, either.
It’s meant to serve fast-food fish, and offer a compelling nautical atmosphere complete with the decorations.
All restaurants include a Captain’s Bell that sits at the front of the store to metaphorically bid customers hello and farewell.
Customers are encouraged to ring the bell near the front door on their way out if they enjoyed their meal.
A franchise, Jim Patterson, of the Jerrico Company was entrusted to start the first Long John Silver’s in 1969.
He helped the chain expand to more than 600 locations by 1976.
The restaurant is meant to be reminiscent of a Cape Cod house type theme with a steel stapled roof design.
The original restaurant in Lexington, KY, converted a restaurant called the Cape Codder into the first John Silver’s.
Unfortunately, that restaurant must have been placed in a low traffic area as it is now a hair salon.
To help the business grow, and help fewer stores be converted into hair salons, feel free to take the mylongjohnsilversexperience survey online.
In return, you’ll get a free coupon to use on your next visit.
Prize: Free 1 piece fish and fries with the purchase of a Large Drink
|Survey Prize||Free 1 pc. Fish & Fries|
|Receipt Valid For||60 Days|
|Prize Limitation||Cod Not Included|
|Prize Limitation||Must Purchase Large Drink|
|Can Combine With Other Offer?||No|
How To Enter mylongjohnsilverexperience
- First you’ll need to eat a meal at a Long John Silvers and take your receipt home
- Then, you’ll need to go onto the www.mylongjohnsilversexperience.com survey homepage https://mylongjohnsilversexperience.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- You’ll need to fill out the entire survey
- Then, at the end of the survey a validation code will pop up on the screen. You will need to write the survey validation code onto your receipt.
- To redeem the free 1 piece fish and fries, you will need to go into a Long John Silvers, purchase a large drink, and show your receipt + validation code.
The white and blue Long John Silvers homepage asks you to enter your store number and ticket number, both of which can be found on your receipt, in order to proceed to the first survey question page:
- Must make a purchase and save your receipt to be eligible for the survey
- Must bring receipt and survey to a Long John Silver’s restaurant in order to redeem coupon
- Purchase of a large drink required to redeem your code
- Validated receipt good for 60 days from date of purchase on receipt
- Not valid with any other offer
- Does not include Cod
- Offer not available to employees or its affiliates
See your receipt for full rules.
Contact Long John Silver’s
Phone: (502) 815-6100