Completely being owned by its employees is one thing Hy-Vee boasts about on its website and is very proud of, both on and offline.
The company was started by Charles Hyde and David Vredenburg in 1930.
The two founders decided to implement employee bonuses and store manager profit sharing in 1933.
Both bonuses and store manager profit were revolutionary concepts for their time, especially for grocery store employees.
Both the bonuses and the profit-sharing concepts have endured to the present time, and are part of what makes Hy-Vee so successful with such happy and motivated employees.
By 1941 the company had reached $2 million in yearly sales, and made their first philanthropic donation, to the Boy Scouts, a tradition of donating which carrys on to this day.
With 245 locations and 85,000+ employees, no one can say Hy-Vee is a tiny grocery store chain.
It does, however, only operate in 8 states, making its operating radius much smaller than some of the larger grocery store chains.
To help it grow, and perhaps break out of its 8 state radius, try giving your feedback via the Hy-Vee survey.
In return you’ll get a chance to win a gift card.
Survey Prize: Sweepstakes Entry
Sweepstakes Prize: $500 Hy-vee Gift Card
There are 12 drawings total, for a total of 12 Grand Prize winners
Total Prize Value: $6,000
|Survey Prize||1 Sweepstakes Entry|
|Sweepstakes Prize||$500 Hy-Vee Gift Card|
|# Grand Prize Drawings||12|
|Total Sweepstakes ARV||$6,000|
|Eligible US States||Iowa, Missouri, South Dakota, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin|
How To Take The Hy-vee Survey
Keep in mind you are limited to entering the survey one time per day (per person or per email address) regardless of the method you choose to enter with.
You can enter with or without a purchase, just once daily total.
Enter Online With Purchase
- Make purchase at an Hy-vee and keep your receipt until you’re able to get online
- Go online to the Hy-vee survey site here https://survey.second-to-none.com/HyVee-Store-Survey.aspx
- Complete the full page of questions, then click the red “Finish” button
- Congrats, you now have one sweepstakes entry.
Enter Via Mail With No Purchase
- Handwrite your name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and birthday on a 3X5″ card
- Mail the card to:
Hy-Vee Customer Experience Survey Sweepstakes Entry, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625-2437
Mail in Entry Rules
**Each mail entry needs to be mailed in its own envelope
**No copies or mechanical entry copies will be accepted
The hy-vee survey homepage is a plain white page with a small red hy-vee logo in the upper left hand corner.
The entire survey is visible from the first page. All you need to do is fill out all the information on that page, then hit finish to complete the survey:
hyvee survey.com Rules
- Must be 18 or older at time of entry
- Must be a legal US resident of the following states to be eligible: Iowa, Missouri, South Dakota, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Employees and affiliates of Hy-vee not eligible
- 12 survey drawing periods
- Each person or email address is limited to 1 entry per day regardless of entry method
- Prize not redeemable for cash
- Prize non-transferable and substitution-able
- Winner is responsible for all taxes
You may view the full terms & conditions on the official site
Phone: 1 (800) 772-4098
Contact Via Email:
Contact Via Snail-Mail:
5820 Westown Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223