A cool fact about African KFC’s, is that all the chicken is raised in Africa.
African KFC’s also do not serve Pepsico products, since there are fewer KFC’s in Africa than many of the chain’s locations.
However, KFC is also the largest fast food chain in South Africa.
The first South African KFC opened in 1971.
The only reason KFC opened its doors in Africa this early was the CEO of KFC’s holding company went on a South African safari with his family, saw how developed the country was, was surprised, and decided to open a few KFC’s there.
South African Keith Warren used to be a waiter at a KFC, until he was given the opportunity to become the KFC managing director for all of Africa, a job that now entails managing around 1,000 KFC’s on the continent.
Talk about the opportunity for job advancement at KFC! Going from a waiter to the managing director of 1,000 restaurants on an entire continent. Pretty crazy opportunity for Keith.
Only 10% of the African KFC’s are company owned, the rest are owned by franchisees.
The lack of company owned KFC’s in South Africa is actually a huge advantage for the company, since the United States congress passed a law in 1987 that makes it illegal for US companies to own South African assets.
So, KFC had to sell its 60 South African company-owned restaurants and even trademarks to a South African holding company named Devco.
If you’re interested in helping the South African KFC chain continue to grow and become even larger, then feel free to take the South Africa KFCSurvey online at www.sakfcsurvey.com.
Prize: KFC South Africa Sweepstakes Entry
Sweepstakes Prize: 1 of 3 R5000 monthly cash prizes
|Survey Prize||Sweepstakes Entry|
|Sweepstakes Prize||1 of 3 R5000 monthly prizes|
|Sweepstakes Drawing Frequency||1X Per Month|
|Purchase Required?||Burger or Burger Meal|
|Entry Methods||Online, Phone|
|Winner Must Respond In||7 Days|
Take The KFC South Africa Survey
- Buy a burger or a burger meal at an eligible KFC South Africa location, see rules section below for more detail on eligible locations
- Keep your receipt so you can access the online survey
- Go online to the www.sakfcsurvey.com link here https://s.kfcvisit.com/zaf?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- Complete the survey and you’ll be entered into the sweepstakes
Enter by Phone
- Make your burger or burger meal purchase at a South Africa eligible KFC
- Keep your receipt
- Dial *120*532*KFCODE# on your phone, replace CODE# with the code # on your receipt to enter
- Purchase is necessary to take survey
- You must be a South African resident with a South African valid ID book or valid passport to be eligible to win
- You must to save your receipt to take the survey
- You must buy a KFC burger or burger meal to be eligible for the survey
- You must buy your burger or burger meal at one of the following locations to be eligible: KFC Station, KFC Long Street, KFC Adderley Street, KFC Parade, KFC St Georges Mall, KFC Golden Acre, KFC Observatory, KFC Woodstock, KFC Claremont Main Road, KFC Rosmead, KFC Mowbray, KFC Goodwood, KFC N1 Value Centre, KFC N1 Mall, KFC Parow, KFC Parow Mall
- Prize is non-transferable, prize is not exchangeable for cash
- Winner must claim prize within 7 days of the drawing or they will forfeit it
View the winners list here
Read the full official SAKFCSurvey rules here
Contact KFC South Africa
Phone: 0860 100 222
Email: [email protected]