Did you know that Lowes is the second largest home-improvement store chain in the US? Guess which is the #1!
Hint: It’s Home Depot. Like Lowes, Home Depot also has a survey sweepstakes you can take online at www.homedepot.com/survey.
Both Home Depot and Lowes stores have an official policy of “service dogs only”, probably to protect themselves legally. However many individual stores are super dog friendly, even to the point of giving out treats to and petting dogs that come in.
Enjoy a picture of my dog Cooper happily chilling out in a Home Depot store where shortly after he was surrounded by free treats and people wanting to pet him.
The home improvement market as a whole is $700 billion pie, and Lowes holds a mere 6% of that pie. “Mere” however might be an understatement, as I would very much like to have a 6% piece of a $700 billion pie. 😉
The average Lowes is huge at 75,000 sq. ft. and carries over 40,000 products.
New Lowes are being constructed to be even larger, at 100,000 sq ft in smaller markets and 114,000 sq ft on average in larger markets.
The Lowes website indicates it was founded in 1946, however the first hardware store of its kind was actually opened in 1921 by L.S. Lowe.
It was run by the Lowe family until 1946 when the partnership of a Lowe and his brother in law Buchan purchased a cattle farm and auto dealership, which Lowe traded his interest in Lowes for, giving Buchan complete ownership of the Lowes chain which at the time was 2 stores.
THAT’s likely why the official Lowe’s website says the store was founded in 1946..because that’s when Buchan got control of the company.
The company existed since 1921 when the original Lowe opened it, but then when he came back from WWII in 1946, Buchan got the store.
So he made the website say the official founding date was when he got the store in 1946, not when it actually first opened in 1921. Go figure on that one.
What happened with the store ownership was, when Lowe and Buchan were fighting in WWII, Lowe’s mom and sister ran the store. Then Buchan came back in 1943 to run the store, getting a 50% interest, while Lowe was still fighting in WWII.
Lowe finally came back in 1946, and that’s when Buchan got the full interest in Lowes, and Lowe got the cattle farm and car dealership they had purchased with store profits.
It’s rumored Buchan kept the name Lowes even after getting full ownership so he could use the slogan, “Lowes’ Low Prices”.
If you like the low prices, let them know in the Lowes survey, details on how to enter below.
Lowes growth really started in the early 1960s.
Buchan passed away in 1960, and the store went public in 1961 along with much of its growth. In the 70s they shifted to consumer targeting as home construction plummeted, and today they still have this growth and consumer mindset.
Lowes is still giving out low prices and doing incredibly well today with well over $43 billion in annual sales.
As it grows it continues to collect feedback via its survey at www.lowes.com/survey so it can continue to improve. It gives customers who take the survey and/or fill out a mail-in entry form the chance to enter its monthly sweepstakes where it gives out 5 cash prizes of $300 a month.
Lowes Survey Prizes
Prize: $300 check. 5 of the $300 check are awarded per month.
**Every month, after each entry period, 5 $300 checks are awarded to five separate individual sweepstake winners.
|Entry Methods||Online, Mail|
|Receipt Valid For||10 Days|
|Entry Limit||1 Per Week|
Lowes Survey Dates
|Entry Dates:||Entry Period Starts 12:00:01 a.m. EST:||Entry Period Ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST:||Est Drawing Date||All Mail-in Entries Need Postmarks By 11:59:59 p.m. EST on below dates:|
|Entry Period #9||10/6/18||11/2/18||11/6/18||11/5/18|
|Entry Period #10||11/3/18||11/30/18||12/4/18||12/3/18|
|Entry Period #11||12/1/18||1/4/19||1/8/19||1/7/19|
|Entry Period #12||1/5/19||2/1/19||2/5/19||2/4/19|
How To Take The Lowes Survey
It is important to note, that no matter which entry method you choose, you are limited to 1 entry per email or household per week.
If your entries exceed this amount, the sponsor or Lowes may choose to invalidate your entries at their discretion.
Enter Online – Purchase Required
If you have made a Lowes purchase you may choose the online entry method as long as you go online to take the survey within 10 days of your receipt date:
- Make a Lowes purchase
- Keep your receipt with you until you can access a computer
- Within 10 days of your purchase, go online to https://survey.medallia.com/?lowes-pos
- Choose your language and click next to begin the survey
- Answer all survey questions
Great, now you are entered in the monthly sweepstake drawing
Enter By Mail – No Purchase Required
- Hand-write your name, address (can’t do PO Box) including city, state/province, zip code, phone number, email on a postcard
- Write neatly, since non-legible entries will be discarded!
- Mail the postcard to:
Lowe’s 2018/2019 Customer Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2274, Framingham, MA 01703-2274 USA
**Lost, late, stolen, mutilated entries are not the sponsor’s issue and will not be counted
**Mail-in entries need to be mailed out and postmarked by the dates listed in the survey date table aboveM
The classic Lowes homepage is set on a plain white background with blue and green lettering. It asks you to choose your language from the drop-down menu in the top right corner and then to click next to begin the survey:
Lowes Sweepstakes Rules
- No purchase necessary to win
- Making a purchase doesn’t increase your chances of winning
- Taking the survey does not mean you have already won, there is a drawing process and not everyone wins
- Must be a resident of the US, Washington DC, or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- Must be 18 or older at time of survey, or age of majority in country of residence
- Must take survey within 10 days of receiving a receipt if doing an online entry
- Limit of 1 entry per week per email or address regardless of entry method
- Limit of 1 prize per person or household per sweepstakes period
- No PO Box entries for mail-in entry method
- If exceed entry limit, all entries may be made invalid at the sponsor’s discretion
- Employees who have performed services within 6 months of the sweepstakes start date or those affiliated with previous are not eligible for the sweepstakes
- Automated entries will be disqualified
- Entries will only be valid for the period which they are submitted
- Winners will be randomnly selected each month
- Winners will be notified by phone, email or mail, at the sponsor’s discretion
- Winners must respond within in 5 days or lose their prize
- Any Canadian winner will also have to answer a math skill question correctly before receiving their prize
See full sweepstakes rules here
See previous Lowes sweepstakes winners list here
Free surveys similar to Lowes
Take these to get more stuff and rewards:
Take Home Depot’s survey to enter to win a cash prize.
You can’t go wrong with a Nike survey or a free Nike gift card, when it comes to the Nike survey, just do it!
- 1 www.lowes.com/survey
- 2 lowes.com/survey
- 3 Lowes Survey Prizes
- 4 www.lowes.com/survey Details
- 5 Lowes Survey Dates
- 6 How To Take The Lowes Survey
- 7 lowes.com/survey Homepage
- 8 Lowes Sweepstakes Rules
- 9 Contact Lowes
- 10 Free surveys similar to Lowes