The Giant Eagle history is an interesting one, with 5 entrepreneuring families coming together to form the chain after each successfully creating their own smaller grocery store businesses.
First in 1918, the families Goldstein, Porter and Chait, created a grocery company called Eagle Grocery.
They sold this successful company to the grocery giant Kroger in 1928, which you can read more about on the KrogerFeedback page.
As part of the sales agreement, these three families agree to leave the grocery business for the next three years.
Meanwhile, two other families, Moravitz and Weizenbaum have been building a chain of grocery stores called OK Grocery.
In 1931, right when the original 3 families’ time to not work in the grocery industry was up, all 5 families bonded together to form the grocery chain.
Do you think Kroger was as surprised as the cute Husky below to learn the grocery mogul families were already back in business?
They called this new chain Giant Eagle, the first of which opened in 1936 on Brownsville Road.
Their chain continues to grow even through the great depression, and today has over 400 locations, employs more than 36,000 people, and has some stores up to 120,000 sq feet large.
Their goals are still bigger so they ask for feedback via their online survey at www.gianteaglelistens.com.
Go online to give them feedback and you could win a giftcard in the sweepstakes.
Giant Eagle Listens Prizes
Prize: (1) $2,000 Giant Eagle Gift Card awarded each entry period
Total Prize ARV: $12,000
There will be a total of 6 entry period, each awarding a $2,000 prize, for an prize ARV of $12,000
|Survey Prize||Giant Eagle Listens Sweepstakes Entry|
|Sweepstakes Prize||$2,000 Giant Eagle Gift Card|
|Entry Limit||1 Per Person Per Entry Period|
|Entry Method||Mail, Online|
How To Take The Giant Eagle Listens Survey
You can only enter 1 time each entry period, regardless of entry method.
Enter Online With A Purchase Receipt
- Make a Giant Eagle purchase and keep your receipt
- Go online to the www.gianteaglelistens.com site https://www.gianteaglelistens.com/
- Enter the survey code on your receipt to start the survey
- Answer all survey questions and at the end you’ll be entered into the Giant Eagle Listens sweepstakes
Enter Via Mail With No Purchase
- Take a 3″X5″ piece of paper and write your name, phone number, email
- Mail the paper in a business size #10 envelope to the following address:
Giant Eagle Customer Satisfaction ’18 Sweepstakes
300 State St Suite 402
Rochester, NY 14614
Giant Eagle Listens Terms & Condition
- No purchase is required to enter the sweepstakes
- A purchase doesn’t improve your chance of winning
- By entering, participants agree to be bound to the sweepstakes rules
- Limit 1 entry per person and/or mailing address and/or email address per entry period, regardless of entry method
You can read the full Giant Eagle Listens terms and conditions here
Contact Giant Eagle
Phone Number: 1 (800) 553-2324
- 1 www.gianteaglelistens.com
- 2 Giant Eagle Listens Prizes
- 3 GiantEagleListens.com Details
- 4 How To Take The Giant Eagle Listens Survey
- 5 www.gianteaglelistens.com Homepage
- 6 Giant Eagle Listens Terms & Condition
- 7 Contact Giant Eagle