Cabela founded Cabela’s in 1961. The founding story is humorous and a great show of how perseverance and approaching a problem from different angles can pay off.
Cabela originally spent $45 to buy a bulk load of hand-tied lures that he tried to sell at his Nebraskan family’s furniture store. Surprise! No one wanted to buy lures at a furniture store.
Also keep in mind in 1961 $45 was worth a lot more than it is today, around $372 USD. Naturally, he didn’t want to lose his investment, so he placed an ad in Casper Classified newspaper that said, “12 hand-tied flies for $1.” One person responded.
Not giving up hope, he decided to switch up the messaging and make the deal more attractive to potential customers.
He wrote a new ad that said,”FREE Introductory offer! 5 hand tied Flies….25c Postage….Handling” and put it in a bunch of national outdoorsy magazines. Orders started to pour in, and that was the beginning of Cabela’s.
He and his wife took advantage of the orders coming in and put all names and addresses into a mailing list and started sending out a mail catalogue to capitalize on the new customers lifetime value.
Today as Cabela’s continues to grow, it asks for your feedback about your in-store experience. In return for offering your thoughts, you will get a coupon you can use on your next visit.
Prize: $20 Off $150 Cabela’s Purchase Coupon
At the end of the survey, you will have the option to enter your email to receive your $20 Off $150 purchase coupon:
|Survey Prize||$20 Off $150 Coupon|
How To Take The Cabelas Survey
- Buy anything at a Cabelas and save your order receipt
- Go online to http://www.cabelasfeedback.com/websurvey/2/execute#/1
- If you’re in Canada, go online instead to the Canadian Cabela’s survey url: http://www.cabelasfeedback.ca/websurvey/2/execute#/1
Answer all questions
- At the end, enter your email address to receive your coupon in your email inbox
- Bring the coupon in to Cabelas at your next visit to redeem your $20 Off $150
The Cabela’s survey homepage is green and white. It asks you to enter your receipt’s survey code number to begin:
- Purchase required to take survey
- Receipt needed to take survey
Phone: 1 (800) 237-4444