Are you familiar with the 2014 Savers charity scandal?
Apparently the company was accused of pocketing around $1 million that should have gone to charity.
One way they were accused of doing so was by giving customers tax deductible donation receipts for donating goods, then selling those goods and taking the money as profit as opposed to donating to charity as they indicated they would do by handing the tax deductions to customers.
A very sticky situation and unfortunate for everyone involved.
Savers is privately held, with its headquarters located in Bellevue, Washington, US.
With over 300 locations and 22,000 employees, no one can save Savers plays it small.
In 2012 the company did over $1 billion in revenue and continues to grow.
They ask for your help in giving online feedback after you make a donation or purchase. For your help and time taking their online saverslistens.com survey, they give you a coupon you can use on a future purchase for $2 off $5 or more.
Savers Listens Prize
Prize: $2 Off $5 purchase
|Survey Prize||$2 Off $5 Coupon|
|Survey Limit||1 Per Household Per Month|
|Coupon Limit||1 Per Purchase|
|Receipt Valid For||7 Days|
|Coupon Cash Value||None|
Take The Savers Listens Survey
- First you’ll need to have made either a purchase or a donation at a Savers
- Then you’ll need to keep hold of your receipt to take the survey – don’t throw it away
- Next you can go online to the Savers Listens site https://www.saverslistens.com/
- You’ll be able to select on the homepage if your receipt is from a purchase or a donation
- Then you can start the survey and answer all questions
- At the end you’ll need to write down the validation code
- Finally you can bring your receipt and the validation code to a Savers location to use your $2 off $5 coupon
NOTE: If you’re in Australia, you’ll need to go to the following site to take the online survey: https://www.saverslistens.com.au/
- Purchase or donation is required to be eligible to take the survey
- Limit of 1 survey per household per month
- Limit 1 coupon per purchase
- Coupon must be presented before making purchase
- No cash value
- No cash or credit back
- Coupon not valid at grand openings, sales, and cannot be combined with any other discounts
- Coupon not valid on new items (red tag), or gift certificate purchases
- Coupon is forfeited if item is returned
- Survey must be completed within 7 days of your visit
- Not reedemable for cash
- Savers can cancel at any time
- Employees of Savers/ Value Village / Unique Thrift / Value Thrift / Village Des Valeurs and employee family members are not eligible for the survey
For full SaversListens terms and conditions go to the rules page here