“Fashion should be effortless, approachable, and fun”
This is the slogan sprawled across the right hand side of the Express website homepage.
More than just a platitude, the clothing store lives to embody the “living in the moment”, “effortless”, “fun”, style that can fit in the office as well as at the after-work happy hour.
Express targets their clothing and marketing toward young, fun, working 20-30 year old men and women. Their marketing exemplifies their lean toward the hip, young crowd of 9-5ers.
The first Express store opened in 1980 by Limited Brands in Chicago’s Water Tower Place. It was originally a “women’s only” clothing store.
If you’re a boy or man who likes Express, don’t worry because you can buy clothes there now too.
Only recently in 2001 it started offering an Express Men’s line, and now it caters toward both genders.
Even though it “officially” only started carrying men’s clothing in 2001, Express created a men’s brand as early as 1989, and called it “Structure”.
The men and women Express brands used to be in separate stores, however. It wasn’t until 2001 when they combined the two for easy shopping access.
I suppose “Express couples” can do their power shopping together now.
Now the brand has over 650 stores throughout the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
It was sold in 2007 to Golden Gate Capital Partners, and went public in 2010 selling 16 million shares for $17 each, for a total of around $272 million.
As of today, both the original Limited Brands and Golden Gate have pulled out the majority of their ownership, and neither retain any ownership interest today.
As Express grows, it asks customers to fill out a short MyExpressFeedback survey, which they can do online at MyExpressFeedback.com.
In exchange, everyone who completes the survey receives a 15% off coupon they can use on their next in store purchase. Read more to find out how to snag your own 15% off coupon.
MyExpressFeedback Survey Details
|Receipt Valid For||90 Days|
Express Survey Prize
Prize: 15% off your next Express purchase
How To Take The MyExpressFeedback.com Survey
- Buy any item(s) at an Express clothing store, online purchases not valid for the survey
- Keep your receipt near you
- Go online to http://www.myexpressfeedback.com/websurvey/2/execute#/1
- Choose your survey language, either English or Spanish
- Answer all survey questions
- Congrats, at the end you will receive your discount code coupon
Keep in mind you need to use your coupon within 90 days of your original purchase date
Your coupon must be used at an in-store location and not online, see Survey Rules section below for more detail
MyExpressFeedback Survey Homepage
The stark black red and white Express survey homepage encapsulates the brand’s classic aesthetic. It asks you to choose your language to continue, as the survey is offered in both English and Spanish:
Express Survey Rules
- 15% off coupon is valid for use up to 90 days after your original purchase; Expiration date is written on the receipt
- In-store coupon only
- Coupon may only be used once
- Coupon may not be combined with any other offers
- Coupon not valid on featured brands, clearance items or previous purchases
- Taxes payable after coupon is taken off of total price
- When/if you return a portion of your purchase, an equal portion of the discount will be lost
- Can’t use the coupon to buy Express gift cards
- Coupon reproductions not accepted
- Employees not eligible
- Can only use at outlet type specified on your receipt
See full terms and conditions here
Phone: 1 (888) 397-1980
Hotline Available 24/7
Customer Service Mailing Address:
1 Express Drive
Columbus, OH 43230