If McDonald’s had been left to the McDonald family, it would likely be one or two restaurants in a very small radius.
The original McDonald brothers never thought about or even wanted to expand.
The true genius behind McDonald’s growth was Ray Croc. Genius is an appropriate word in this case, since McDonald’s happens to be the largest restaurant chain in the world today.
Read the McDVoice page to learn about how Ray Croc both grew the chain and convinced the McDonald’s brothers to give him 99% of the profits.
McDonald’s yearly revenue is over $6 billion/year with over $1 billion a year in profits, insane numbers for a fast food chain, or any restaurant for that matter.
It all started because Ray was a seller of the Milkshake Mixers McDonald’s happened to use in their original restaurant. When he was selling to their store he thought their theme and burger concept were genius ideas.
He recommended franchising their idea and spreading it across the US. The original McDonalds were hesitant since they didn’t want any extra risk.
Ray was a persistent one, however. He bargained with them and made a deal where he could franchise their name and concept nationwide in areas they weren’t present, and they would get 1% gross profits. Great deal for Ray in my opinion – I’m guessing they could have bargained for a higher profit percentage.
Then Ray opened 68 stores by 1959 and finally bought out the McDonald brothers in 1961 for $2.7 million to complete his vision of owning the whole franchise.
Today, McDonalds continues to adopt Ray’s growth mindset, and offers a survey to anyone who has eaten at their restaurant. You can go online to McDVoice.com to take the survey in exchange for a coupon.
Prize: Any BOGO menu item not including a value meal, happy meal, 20 pc nugget, or 10 chick tender
McDVoice.com Survey Details
|Prize||Buy one get one free item|
|Receipt Valid For||7 Days|
|Coupon Valid For||30 Days|
|Coupon Limit||1 Per Individual Per Visit|
Take Survey at McDVoice.com
- Buy any item(s) at a McDonalds near you to be eligible for the survey
- Then you’ll need to take your receipt within the next 7 days and go online to https://www.mcdvoice.com/ to take the survey and complete all questions
- At the end of the survey you’ll need to write down the coupon code and then use it within 30 days for it to be valid
www.McDVoice.com Terms & Conditions
- For US or District of Columbia legal residents only
- Purchase required to participate
- You have 7 days to take the survey after eating at the McDonalds
- You have 30 days to redeem your coupon after taking the McDonalds survey
- Max use is 1 per customer per visit
- Coupon’s cash worth and value is 1/20 of 1 cent
- Non-transferable non-resaleable, non-combinable
- 5 survey limit per month per individual
See your receipt for more terms and see the full list of rules here
Are You Australian?
Contact McDonald’s About Survey
Phone: (800) 244-6227
Mail Feedback or Questions to:
2111 McDonald’s Dr
Oak Brook, IL 60523