Robert and Chris Sorenson, brothers, founded Firehouse subs in 1994 in Jacksonville Florida.
The brothers are entrepreneurs at heart and tried their hand at many gigs before settling on the Firehouse subs brand.
They were even musicians, real estate salesmen, and Christmas tree farmers before finding their true life passion in the sub business.
The two were also firefighters, which inspired the whole concept of “Firehouse Subs” as well as the menu naming, brand colors and story, and general store atmosphere.
However, the founders are clear it is not a “theme store“,
“Firehouse Subs isn’t a themed restaurant, and it doesn’t feel that way because our restaurant is built on a legacy of authentic firefighter heritage and a passion for hearty, flavorful food. “
They also make an effort toward quality, even steaming their meats and cheeses, a rarity in the food world.
In addition, they use only the highest quality ingredients.
Today after 20 years in business, the Firehouse Subs chain has expanded to over 1,100 locations in the 45 US states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
The chain focuses on giving back as much as it does on profit, founding the Firehouse Subs Public Safety foundation in 2005.
The foundation has given $37.7 million so far to public responders and safety causes in the US and Puerto Rico.
They know firsthand from being firefighters how important having the right gear is to saving lives, which is part of the reason they try to give back and support those who could benefit and save more lives with the proper equipment.
If you want to give back to the chain that gives back to the community in such a huge way, all they ask is for a few minutes of your time to take the Firehouselistens survey online at www.firehouselistens.com.
In exchange, you will be entered into the Firehouse sweepstakes for a chance to win $500.
Grand Prize: $500 Cash
1 monthly grand prize will be awarded, and it is $500 cash
|Survey Prize||Sweepstakes Entry|
|Sweepstakes Prize||$500 Grand Prize|
|Entry Method||Online, Mail|
|Limit Per Person||1/Month|
Take The Firehouselistens Survey
You may take the survey online, which requires a purchase, or enter by mail, which does not require a purchase.
You are limited to one entry per person per month, per address and/or email address, regardless of entry method.
Enter online – Purchase required
- To enter online you’ll first need to make a purchase at a Firehouse subs
- Keep your receipt
- Then go online to https://firehouselistens.smg.com/usa?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- Answer all survey questions
- Congratulations, now you are entered in the sweepstakes
Enter by mail – no Purchase required
- Enter your name, address, day and night phone number, on a 3″X5″ card
- Mail the card in a #10 envelope to:
Firehouse “Customer Survey” Sweepstakes
PO Box 428
Macedon, NY 14502-0428
- All mail entries need to be postmarked by December 28, 2018 and received by Sponsor by January 2nd, 2018 to be eligible.
The Firehouse subs survey homepage is set on a fiery background, and asks for your survey code number which can be found on your receipt, and the total spent in order to continue to the survey questions:
- No purchase necessary to win
- Purchase does not increase chance of winning
- Limit of 1 entry per person per month per address and/ or email address
- To participate, you must be a legal resident of the US 50 States, D.C., Canada (but not Quebec), and Puerto Rico
- You must have reached 16 years in your place of residence at time of entry to be eligible
- Sponsor reserves right to cancel or change sweepstakes at any time for any reason
See full official rules here