Ever wonder how Cracker Barrel got its name?
The dictionary defines “cracker-barrel” as, adjective, “suggestive of the friendly homespun character of a country store.”
This means you could say or even sing a song that says, “I can’t wait for my cracker-barrel visit to Cracker Barrel.”
Not that anyone except you and I would know what you meant!
Unless they happen to read the dictionary for fun or have a very large vocabulary.
The adjective cracker barrel originates from the barrels full of soda crackers that were sold in early 1900s country stores.
The soda crackers were similar to the saltine type crackers we all know and love today.
The visitors to the early 1900 country stores would sit around the soda cracker barrels and chat, much like people congregate around the coffee machine and chat at workplaces.
That is how the adjective “cracker barrel” got the “friendly homespun character” part of its definition.
The cracker barrel logo itself tells this story well with its country gentleman leaning on a rocking chair next to a soda cracker barrel, ready to chat with whoever came in the store next.
Cracker Barrel wants to chat with you as well, which is why it asks you to take its online survey at crackerbarrel-survey.com.
When you chat with the online survey you’ll be entered to win a sweepstakes prize, keep reading for details below.
Crackerbarrel Survey Prizes
Prizes: Grand Prize winner can choose between following prizes:
- Cracker Barrel rocking chair (ARV $150), OR
- $100 Cracker Barrel gift card (ARV $100)
Limit one winner per family or house per sweepstakes period.
|Survey Prize||Rocking Chair or $100 Gift Card, Winner's Choice|
|Mail-in Entry Limit||Unlimited|
|Online Entry Limit||1 Receipt Survey Per Week|
|Entry Methods||Mail, Online|
www.crackerbarrel-survey.com Entry Periods
Starts 12:00:01 AM CST on July 1, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 PM CST December 31, 2018
|Survey Period||Entry Period Start: 12:00:01 AM ESt||Entry Period End: 11:59:59 PM EST||Mail-In Entry Received Date||Survey Drawing Date: On or Around|
Take The Crackerbarrel Survey
There are two ways to enter the Crackerbarrel Survey, one is online via an invite on your receipt, and the other is via mail, where no purchase is required.
Enter Through Receipt Invite
- If you enter via receipt, you are limited to 1 receipt invite entry per week.
- To enter via receipt, you’ll need to shop at a Cracker Barrel store
- Then you’ll need to look at your receipt to see if you have a survey invite
- If you have a survey invite, you can go online to http://www.crackerbarrel-survey.com and choose your language to start the survey.
- Once you finish the survey you will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes!
Enter Via Mail
- There is no purchase required to enter via the mail-in entry option.
- Handwrite your name, address, age and phone on a postcard and mail it using first-class mail to:
- Cracker Barrel Survey Sweepstakes, PO Box 16500, Rochester, NY 14616.
- Mail entries need to be postmarked by the end of an Entry period and received by the mail in dates laid out on the official contest date chart.
The light gray and blue Crackerbarrel survey homepage is written in both English and Spanish, and gives you the choice to proceed in your language of choice:
Crackerbarrel Survey Rules
- You are not required to make a purchase to enter the www.crackerbarrel-survey.com survey
- You must be a resident of the 50 US States or District of Columbia to enter
- Minimum age is 18
- Limit 1 receipt invite entry per week
- Limit 1 winner per household per sweepstakes period
- Crackerbarrel employees and those affiliated may not enter
- Prizes are non-transferable
- Winners are responsible for all taxes
You can view the full official crackerbarrel-survey.com rules here
Contact Crackerbarrel Survey
- 1 Crackerbarrel-Survey.com
- 2 Crackerbarrel Survey Prizes
- 3 Crackerbarrel-Survey.com Details
- 4 www.crackerbarrel-survey.com Entry Periods
- 5 Take The Crackerbarrel Survey
- 6 www.crackerbarrel-survey.com Homepage
- 7 Crackerbarrel Survey Rules
- 8 Contact Crackerbarrel Survey